Prepainted Steel Sheet with High Durability Polyester Coating
- Special paint is added to the silicon polyester resin for higher durability. It offers outstanding weather resistance.
- Enhanced durability to improve the shortcomings of Si-P/E, particularly unfavorable workability
Hot-dip galvanized steel sheet (KS D 3506, GI)
The cold rolled steel sheet passes through a molten zinc pot containing 97% zinc (0.03% or less AL), undergoing the galvanizing process, which gives each side of the sheet and equal thickness of coating.
Depending on the surface treatment of the plated sheet, the sheet is categorized into regular spangle, minimized spangle, or zero spangle ultra smooth, which are symbolized as R, M, Z, respectively. Our prepainted steel sheet uses ultra smooth material in the production process.
Surface Types of Hot-dip Galvanized(GI) Steel Sheets
While an increased volume of coating enhances the anti-corrosion properties of galvanized steel sheet, the workability is inevitably decreased. Anti-corrosion properties, workability, tension, and elongation must be taken into consideration when selecting plates.
- The normal wall thickness of galvanized steel plates refers to the thickness of pre-coated steel plates. The clearance of the machine, therefore, must account for the thickness of the zinc plating indicated in Table 1 as well as the coating thickness (usually 25μ).
- Zinc flacks may stick inside the metallic pattern during the deep drawing process, requiring extra caution be taken as this may damage the coating's exterior
- Lubrication oil used in treatment shall not contain chlorine or phosphoric acid, which reacts to zinc. Table 1 shows the zinc weight and coating thickness for hot-dip galvanized steel sheet used for prepainted steel sheet. These figures are adopted by KS (Korean Standards), JIS (Japan Industrial Standards), and ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials).
Table 1 - Weight and thickness of zinc coating
Special hot-dip galvanized steel sheet (KS D 3770, SGL)
Zn/AL alloy coated steel sheet as well as galvanized sheet, is available for products requiring particularly high-workability and high-durability. Table 2 lists the applications and contents of these sheets.
Table 2 - Applications of Zn/AL alloy coated steel sheet
Electrolytic galvanized steel sheet (KS D 3528, EGI)
The surface of the cold rolled steel sheet (KS D 3512) undergoes a dull finishing treatment, followed by a double-sided coating process (zinc weight: 13g~25g/㎡). Five products are available depending on the coating weight. Electro galvanized iron (EGI) is usually used for home electrical appliances.
KS D 3520
JIS G 3312
ASTM A 653